“Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other.”Matthew 12:13 NIV
10 Reasons Why You Should Stretch, Balance and Move All Day
- Improves flexibility: Regular stretching can increase your flexibility and range of motion, making it easier to perform everyday tasks and exercise.
- Reduces risk of injury: Stretching and balancing exercises can help prevent injuries by increasing the elasticity of your muscles and joints.
- Enhances physical performance: Regular stretching and movement can improve your physical performance, making it easier to complete tasks with less effort and fatigue.
- Improves posture: Stretching and movement exercises can improve your posture by lengthening tight muscles and strengthening weak ones.
- Reduces stress and tension: Stretching and balancing exercises can help reduce stress and tension by promoting relaxation and releasing tight muscles.
- Boosts energy levels: Movement throughout the day can help boost energy levels, making it easier to stay focused and productive throughout the day.
- Enhances circulation: Stretching and movement can help enhance blood circulation throughout the body, which can help improve overall health and well-being.
- Promotes relaxation: Stretching and movement can promote relaxation by reducing muscle tension and promoting the release of endorphins.
- Reduces pain and stiffness: Stretching and balancing exercises can help reduce pain and stiffness in the muscles and joints, making it easier to move and exercise.
- Improves balance and coordination: Regular movement and balancing exercises can improve balance and coordination, reducing the risk of falls and injuries.
Maintaining strength and flexibility is essential for longevity.
Stretching for just a few minutes in the morning will do wonders for the rest of your day.
Take a break from sitting by doing some air squats. Touch your toes. Reach up high. All movement is good movement.
Also, consistently practice your balance on one foot. See how long you can maintain your balance with eyes shut, hands on your hips and balancing on just one foot — work on this everyday!
Put on some soothing music, shut your eyes and just explore movement.