“If you find honey, eat just enough— too much of it, and you will vomit.”Proverbs 25:16 NIV
“It is not good to eat too much honey, nor is it honorable to search out matters that are too deep.”Proverbs 25:27 NIV
“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”Psalms 119:103 NIV
10 Reasons To Restrict Processed Sugar
- Reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and other metabolic disorders.
- Helps with weight management and can lead to sustainable weight loss.
- Improves heart health and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Lowers inflammation in the body, which can help with a range of health issues.
- Improves dental health and reduces the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Enhances mood and reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Improves skin health by reducing the risk of acne, premature aging, and other skin issues.
- Reduces the risk of certain types of cancer, such as pancreatic and colorectal cancer.
- Boosts energy levels and reduces feelings of fatigue.
- Improves cognitive function and reduces the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
Processed sugars are designed to be tasty which makes them easy to overeat and cause weight gain. There’s very little nutritional content in foods with processed sugars which means they’ll kill your energy levels and long term eating will inevitably lead to weight gain, insulin resistance and potentially diabetes.
Simply stated… The sooner you kick your addiction to sugar — the longer you will live.
- Limit all snacking of foods containing processed sugars (basically anything with high fructose corn syrup or refined sugar)
- Cut all non-diet soft drinks — Drinking this stuff will make it nearly impossible to lose weight.
- Avoid eating anything that you can buy at a gas station or convenience store — it’s all crap.
- If you want a sugar fix, eat berries, fresh fruit or make a fruit smoothie.
- Stay away from fruit juices! There’s way too many calories and it’s all sugar!