“I am under vows to you, my God; I will present my thank offerings to you. For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.”Psalms 56:12-13 NIV
“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”Ephesians 5:1-2 NIV
10 Reasons Why You Should Walk at Least 5k Steps per Day
- It can help you maintain a healthy weight by burning calories and increasing metabolism.
- Walking regularly can improve cardiovascular health, reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Walking strengthens muscles and improves bone density, reducing the risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
- Walking can reduce inflammation in the body, which is linked to many chronic diseases.
- Walking is a low-impact exercise, making it easier on the joints than high-impact activities like running.
- Walking can improve balance and coordination, reducing the risk of falls and injuries.
- Walking outside exposes you to fresh air and natural light, improving mood and reducing stress levels.
- Walking can improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of cognitive decline in older adults.
- Walking is a simple, accessible form of exercise that requires no special equipment or gym membership.
- Walking with a friend or in a group can provide social support and make exercise more enjoyable.
Use the 'Health' app pre-installed on your iPhone to track steps
Over 10k steps per day is ideal.
It’s hard to have a good life when you’re walking less than 3,000 steps per day. Find a way to put in the steps — go to the mall, go for a hike, mow the lawn. Whatever it takes. Just hit that 5k!