“The wise store up choice food and olive oil, but fools gulp theirs down.”Proverbs 21:20 NIV
10 Reasons Why You Should Limit Fried Foods and Seed Oils
- Reduces risk of heart disease: Eating fried foods and seed oils can increase bad cholesterol levels and inflammation, which can contribute to heart disease.
- May decrease risk of certain cancers: Consuming high amounts of fried foods and seed oils has been linked to increased risk of certain types of cancer, such as prostate and breast cancer.
- Helps maintain healthy weight: Fried foods are often high in calories and unhealthy fats, which can lead to weight gain and obesity.
- Reduces inflammation: Seed oils such as corn, soybean, and canola oil can be pro-inflammatory, leading to chronic inflammation in the body.
- May improve cognitive function: Some studies have shown that a diet high in fried foods and seed oils may impair cognitive function and memory.
- Improves skin health: Fried foods and seed oils can contribute to inflammation and oxidative stress, leading to skin issues such as acne and premature aging.
- Decreases risk of diabetes: Eating a diet high in fried foods and seed oils has been linked to increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- May improve gut health: The high fat content in fried foods and seed oils can be difficult to digest and may lead to digestive issues such as bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Can increase nutrient absorption: When fried foods are cooked at high temperatures, they can destroy some of the vitamins and minerals in the food, making them less nutritious.
- May increase lifespan: Studies have shown that a diet high in fried foods and seed oils may decrease lifespan and increase risk of premature death. By limiting these foods, you can potentially live a longer and healthier life.