“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”1 Peter 5:8 NIV
“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”Colossians 3:2 NIV
10 Reasons Why You Should Unfollow Triggering Content
- Reduces stress and anxiety levels: Triggering content can cause an increase in stress and anxiety, which can be detrimental to your mental health. Unfollowing it can help alleviate these negative feelings.
- Promotes positivity: Following positive and uplifting content can improve your mood and overall mental state.
- Increases productivity: Constantly checking triggering content can be a major distraction, leading to decreased productivity. Unfollowing it can help you stay focused on your tasks.
- Prevents relapses: Triggering content can be especially problematic for those in recovery from addiction or mental health issues. Unfollowing it can help prevent relapses.
- Promotes self-care: Unfollowing triggering content is an act of self-care and shows that you prioritize your mental health and well-being.
- Improves self-esteem: Consuming triggering content can negatively impact your self-esteem. Unfollowing it can help improve your self-image and self-worth.
- Encourages self-reflection: Unfollowing triggering content can encourage self-reflection and help you gain clarity on what content is beneficial for you.
- Supports boundaries: Unfollowing triggering content can be a way of setting healthy boundaries and protecting yourself from harmful content.
- Improves relationships: Consuming triggering content can affect how you interact with others, leading to potential conflicts or misunderstandings. Unfollowing it can improve your relationships with others.
- Allows for growth: Unfollowing triggering content can create space for personal growth and self-improvement, as you can focus on consuming content that aligns with your values and goals.
Triggering content causes:
- Temptation to Sin
- Envy & Jealousy
- Negative Thoughts about Yourself or Others
Tips on HOW to Unfollow Triggering Content
Unsubscribe from content that causes:
- Negative thinking
- Sinful desires
- Time Wasting Distraction
- Mindless Entertainment
- Politics & News
Once you’ve done this, Youtube and other social media platforms will be less appealing overall and you’ll waste less time using them.
- Study, focus and relaxation music
- Topics related to your purpose
- Motivating and Inspiring Content
REMEMBER: The act of unfollowing isn’t a matter of being mean or disrespectful. This is about your mental health. You must be selfish about defending this!
Questions to Ask for New Content
- Why am I following this person?
- Do their posts lift me up?
- Do they share helpful information?