“Whenever the spirit from God came on Saul, David would take up his lyre and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him.”1 Samuel 16:23 NIV
“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”Colossians 3:16 NIV
10 Reasons Why You Should Listen to Soothing Music
- Reduces stress and anxiety levels: Soothing music can help calm the mind and reduce stress and anxiety levels.
- Improves focus and concentration: Listening to music can help you focus on tasks and improve concentration.
- Boosts mood and happiness: Music has the ability to improve mood and increase feelings of happiness and pleasure.
- Enhances relaxation: Soothing music can help promote relaxation and decrease tension in the body.
- Aids in sleep: Listening to relaxing music before bed can help improve the quality of sleep and promote feelings of calmness.
- Lowers blood pressure: Research has shown that listening to calming music can help lower blood pressure levels.
- Promotes mindfulness: Soothing music can help promote mindfulness and present moment awareness.
- Decreases symptoms of depression: Listening to music can help reduce symptoms of depression and improve overall mental health.
- Relieves symptoms of chronic pain: Soothing music can be an effective tool in reducing symptoms of chronic pain and promoting relaxation.
- Provides a healthy coping mechanism: Listening to music can be a healthy and positive way to cope with stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues.
When you need to focus or relax, avoid music with vocals.
Lyrics tend to pull the mind into thought. I’m a huge fan of deep house, lofi hip hop and binaural beats. Find a quality playlist and just let it cycle through.
For Work & Chill
Highly Recommended for Focus Work: Any Music Playlist by Hans Zimmer (link to Youtube search)